Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    NYC #6 Ground Zero

    October 5, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    The contrast between visitors at 9/11 memorial was pretty wide. There were the happy holidayers, smiling and taking selfies like they’re at Disneyland and then there where those who searched for names with tears in their eyes.
    Amongst all the names of those killed you would come across ones like “Jane Doe and her unborn child” and every now and then a name would be accompanied with a white rose, these are placed there on the persons birthday.

    The reasons Al Qaeda hit the World Trade Centre are complex but one of them is that they were in the financial district of New York. Not too far away is Wall Street and the New York Stock Exchange.
    Since 9/11 the US has been in a constant National State of Emergency, this is why security is so intense and probably the most severe we have seen is around the stock exchange building.
    As an individual you can’t get anywhere near it and if you tried in a vehicle the barriers they have erected would stop a tank. The police presence is huge as we said earlier because you see it everywhere.

    We’ve no idea what the memorial is supposed to mean, it looks gloomy with water falling into an abyss so we don’t think this helps the people who come to remember the ones they lost.
    We prefer the version where they projected lasers to the scale of the original towers into the sky.
    Read more