Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 31

    LA to NYC to LA via Mexico

    October 18, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    If this road trip gets anymore out of hand there won’t be enough room to write the footprint title but what can you do when one of us has a sudden itching to go via Mexico.
    Mentioning no names we’ll just call him the insane one.

    Crossing over into Mexico at some tin pot border town you certainly know you “your not in Kansas anymore Toto” , this part ain’t no fancy pants, Cancun holiday resort area, there are plenty of Margaritas here but they’re served with far more dust than salt.

    We went to a restaurant and for our drink, asked for water.
    What do they tell you, “don’t drink the water!”
    But this place was recommended, the water came with ice and the straw had a little plastic protective bit on it.
    What do they tell you “don’t have ice!”
    But this place was recommend so how come the beautifully presented, ice cold water with its hygienic straw tasted like how warm sewage smells. (Please see bottom of blog for last will and testament).

    What got us sniffing on Mexico was, we followed the border for a good distance looking for Trump’s Wall and can sort of see his point in a way.
    What we saw dividing the two countries for hundreds of miles through remote desert areas is something any ninety year old, with a good run up and the wind behind them could leap with ease.
    This is probably the reason most of the traffic we saw along the road was the Border Patrol, sometimes just cruising along, other times screaming past us obviously after a report of a possible breach in security.

    There weren’t too many other vehicles using this road so the Border Patrol got used to seeing us traveling along and started waving.
    We didn’t want to lose our new found friends by carrying illegal cargo so seeing we had gone right up to the border a few times, we made sure when we got back onto the highway we’d get up a bit of speed then slam the brakes on to throw off any clinging on aliens.
    We also checked the shower cubicle in the RV for any stowaways.... “ooh my god there is someone in there Rhonda”..... “that’s the mirror you idiot!”
    Read more