Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Arambol Beach

    February 14 in India ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    Yesterday we arrived at Arambol in Goa for some relaxing beach time. Our 2 hour bus strip involved a blessing of the journey before we arrived at the main bus terminal. 

    The beach is long with umbrellas and bars lining the tropical tree line. For lunch we ordered a "Greek souvlaki" which was actually mexican spiced chicken in an Indian parantha haha 😂 the tzadziki was also too minty, but it was a good try considering they'd probably never been to Greece. 

    The water is a cool 28°C and the sand is super soft. We already seen some very questionable goings on. To name a few: as the garage men were collecting waste bags they were taking photos of a lady in her bikini, and back straps untied asleep, lieing on her front. The street hawkers are particularly prevalent here, one lady in a bid for our money asked how long we'd been here but then said, "probably not long because your so pale". Haha thanks 😆. The wild dogs here can giving you the sadest eyes and the full size cows just wandering around with the banging bass coursing through the air it just so weird. 

    In the evening we strolled along the beach and got some beers at a bar with a live band. It was a lovely evening and at the end they let off fireworks right next to us for the owner birthday. 

    There are bars/cafes covering every inch of available space, each one has neon lights and is loudly playing Tecno music. With the beautiful waves and the lush hills in the background all I can do is laugh at the extreme juxtaposition. 

    This morning we woke up and walked down some narrow paths to a eatery over looking the shore, for some simple breakfast. While exploring the Sweet Water Lake we got our first photo request, posing with a bunch of local guys who seemed like they were on a lads holiday. We then walked SO FAR to get cash out. It's a real rush and rullet as to weather the machine will work and or give us cash but thank the heaven it paid off this time. 

    Now we're doing our daily laundry (it's so hot your clothes get smelly with one wear) and will hit the beach umbrella soon to hopefully stop being so pale.
    Read more