Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22–25

    Bye Mumbai. Hello Aurangabad

    February 25 in India ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    We spent our final day in Mumbai not doing too much as our stomachs were feeling a little delicate so we had a chill day planning our next moves and preparing for Aurangabad. We did visit Churchill Cafe for dinner which served excellent pasta and pizza (better than some places you'd get in the West) and our placemats were a crazy word search of American states, that could go in any direction and which missed a lot off. Didn't stop our competitiveness though haha

    Our next day we packed up and ate a final breakfast at Leopold's Cafe and picked up some desert snacks for later. Our train was a fancy new one with all the high tech features, which was lush and meant we arrived into Aurangabad at 9 pm comfortable and happy. After checking in to our homestay we went around the corner and walked into a thali restaurant. This is where they serve you 5 different dishes in little pots, with side bits, and two are sweet, and dip your chipati in them. It was delicious and they kept refilling our empty curry pots.

    The next day we visited the 1,200 year old Ellura caves which consist of about 32 caves of various sizes all dedicated to Hindi, Buddhist and Jain gods. They're carved directly out of the rock all in a monolithic fashion and we're amazing! It took 7,000 people 150 years just to build the most impressive cave 16.

    After this we headed back for a chill evening catch up with family & friends and tried to keep cool and entertained through a 2+ hour power cut, which was probably due to the really loud festival taking place somewhere nearby.
    Read more