Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Malta

    April 22, 2023 in Malta ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Sailing into Malta is quite a treat so we are awake early with room service brekky and cappuccinos watching the sun rise on the fortress port.
    Our game of thrones tour allows us to see 3 different parts of Malta including the Mdina and the gardens of the President ( red keep) on a beautiful sunny Mediterranean day. Our tour guide is entertaining and Malta is seriously fascinating. Back to driving on our side of the road !
    We board the ship for lunch and devour the best pizza at sea with an Italian beer. Poolside hot tub swim and read in the sun with a couple of bevies and life seems pretty good. From our poolside possie we can see the spires of the cathedral and the amazing buildings surrounding the harbour. Apparently they are preparing for the filming of gladiator 2 and building a new arena by the port. The average age of cruisers on board must be in the high 70’s with a few younger people thrown in and by younger I mean 40. The staff are endlessly patient and polite and extremely helpful. There is space everywhere- no queues no battling for deck chairs lots of choices for where and what to eat and anything you would like to drink is at hand.
    The butler bought us afternoon caviar to have with our champagne. It is definitely our most luxurious travel experience. Well I think so Royce is still on the fence as to whether it’s better than our other cruise experiences. I think he’s nuts.
    Read more