Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Los lagos hotel

    December 2, 2016 in Costa Rica

    When we arrived to our hotel it was cloudy and the sun was starting to lower in the sky. Our hotel was right in front of the Arenal Volcano, but because of the clouds and darkening sky we were not able to see much of it.

    The check in process was painless. The front desk staff spoke English and were very courteous. My only complaint is that they make you wear one of those paper bracelets the entire time you are there to identify you as a guest. Probably not a big deal to most people but they gross me out. I hate wet paper.
    The room was very big, clean and bright. We had an amazing view of the Arenal Volcano right outside our door. Luckily our room (142) was not one of the ones WAY up the hill. We would discover what a pain that hill was before we left our hotel. Our room was close to the pool, hot springs, restaurant and front desk. The AC worked great in our room, they do ask you to turn it off when you leave though to help keep costs down but it cooled the room down quickly when we returned. The wifi was only available close to restaurant and office area, it was not available in our room, but it helped us unplug a bit.

    The grounds were beautiful to walk around. They had beautiful green landscaping dotted with orchids and other tropical flowers. The hot springs pools were very clean and there was a large selection of them to choose from. There was no problem to find a private one if you wanted to.

    They also had a butterfly house, an area with frogs, and a leaf cutter ant ""display"". There was lots to explore just at our hotel.

    We were pretty tired from traveling so we got dinner at the hotel restaurant, Las Palmas. My dinner was pretty typical Costa Rican Fair: chicken, rice, plantains and french fries.

    We were exhausted and cranky from our travels so we went to bed early and slept hard.
    Read more