Satellite
Mostra sulla mappa
  • Giorno 28–30

    Hameln, Germany

    18 aprile, Germania ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    Thu 18th April
    Got bike back after its service. Cost less than I had expected which was a nice bonus. Rode back to Ali's. Had a little bit of leftover curry lunch that she had cooked for a couple who had a newborn baby and to whom she and her fellow church members were delivering lunch during the baby's first week. Great idea!

    Packed up and said goodbye to Ali. I was really sad to leave her. Have had a wonderful time with her in Hamburg. Such a nice surprise to meet and befriend her due to a chance meeting at the youth hostel in Geesthacht. I do hope that I will see her again one day.

    Rode down to Hameln (english Hamlin) of Pied Piper fame. Staying at the youth hostel there. As I arrived it was very rainy. Hope to spend the day exploring tomorrow.

    Fri 19th Apr
    Spent the morning and early afternoon exploring Hamlyn. Limited myself to the medieval centre of the town and admiring the architecture. Went to the museum which had a theatrical reconstruction of the events of the Pied Piper which was done with mechanical robots. Quite bizarre. But fun nonetheless. Apparently the theory is that the kidnapped children were taken by a tunnel to Transylvania. There must be a very long tunnel somewhere.
    Leggi altro