Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Buenos Aires Walking Tour

    April 9, 2023 in Argentina ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    Today we had the pleasure of taking a "Heart of the City and History" walking tour with Rodrigo in Buenos Aires. Rodrigo was an exceptional guide, with a wealth of knowledge about both local and national history. His expertise in the architecture of Buenos Aires was evident as he pointed out the intricate details and styles of the buildings we passed.

    One of the most interesting buildings we saw was the Palacio Barolo. This historic building was designed by Italian architect Mario Palanti and was inspired by Dante Alighieri's work The Divine Comedy. The building is divided into three sections representing Hell, Purgatory, and Heaven. The basement and ground floor represent Hell, floors 1-14 are Purgatory, and floors 15-22 represent Heaven. It was fascinating to see how Dante's work was incorporated into the building's design.

    The tour was comprehensive, covering art, politics (including present-day politics and the legacy of Eva Perón), local communities, gastronomy, and even hidden streets that we would have never discovered on our own. Rodrigo's passion for his city was contagious and we were completely captivated by his stories and insights.

    Overall, it was an incredible experience and we feel so grateful to have had Rodrigo as our guide. His expertise in local and national history, architecture, art, politics, communities, gastronomy, and hidden streets truly made this tour unforgettable.
    Read more