Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Mendoza: First Day

    April 20, 2023 in Argentina ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Today was our first day in Mendoza, Argentina. After settling in our Airbnb, we started our day by visiting Plaza Independencia, the main square of the city. It was a sunny and warm day, and we enjoyed walking around the spacious park, admiring the fountain and the statues.

    The start of our exploration made us hungry, so we had a nice lunch sitting outdoors in the pedestrian zone. We enjoyed a nice pizza and a chicken salad. After lunch we stopped by a travel agency to book a wine tour. We were successful and our tour will be Saturday.

    From there, we walked to Plaza España, another charming square that features Spanish tiles, a mosaic fountain and a monument to the Spanish immigrants. We learned that Mendoza has a strong cultural and historical connection to Spain, as it was founded by Pedro del Castillo in 1561.

    We enjoyed seeing the wonderful architecture in Mendoza. Architectural styles include; Colonial, Neoclassical, Art Deco, Modernist, and Contemporary.

    We had a great first day in Mendoza, and we can't wait to see more of this amazing city tomorrow.
    Read more