Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 46

    Discovering Costa Rica

    May 17, 2023 in Costa Rica ⋅ 🌧 34 °C

    🌿🐊 Unforgettable Encounter at Ecocentro Danaus in Costa Rica! 🌺

    Craig and I are still amazed after today’s visit to Ecocentro Danaus! This nature reserve is an absolute gem, and we had a jaw-dropping experience that we just have to share with you all:

    🌳 Sloths: We were lucky enough to spot these adorable creatures leisurely hanging from the trees. Did you know that sloths sleep for up to 20 hours a day? Talk about the ultimate chill!

    🐸 Colorful and Poisonous Frogs: Our eyes were treated to a spectacular display of vibrant hues as we encountered the fascinating and poisonous frogs of the reserve. Remember, their dazzling colors serve as a warning to predators!

    🐊 The Mighty Cayman: Hold onto your hats, folks! We came face to face with a magnificent Cayman during our visit. This alligator-like reptile took our breath away as it stealthily emerged from the water. A true snapshot of nature's power!

    🦜 Toucans: These majestic birds graced us with their presence, flaunting their distinctive beaks and vibrant plumage. Fun fact: Toucans use their beaks for more than just looks—they also help with regulating body temperature!

    🦎 The Basilisk Lizard (a.k.a. The Jesus Lizard): We witnessed the legendary Basilisk Lizard hanging out but this incredible reptile has the ability to scamper across water! Hence the nickname - Nature truly has its enchanting surprises!

    🦋 Butterflies: Ecocentro Danaus is a haven for butterflies of all shapes, sizes, and colors. We felt like we were walking through a magical butterfly garden. Did you know that butterflies taste with their feet? Nature's little secret! There were a few butterflies that perched on my hands and arms.

    Ecocentro Danaus is an extraordinary place that not only captivates with its diverse wildlife but also stands as a stronghold for conservation. They actively promote sustainable practices, protect endangered species, and provide valuable knowledge about Costa Rica's rich ecosystem. 🌿🌎✨
    Read more