Satellite
  • Day 143

    Adventures in the Ocean

    January 9, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Time to get on the road again! Monday morning I picked up a car (Mazda 4 by 4 type thingy) and got on the road south into Heathcote National Park.

    First up... driving on the left hand side of the road... haven't done that in a while! secondly, the middle of Sydney was not the best place to get started as its pretty sodding busy and oh that's right it has some weird underground motorway thing called the distributor... obviously I'm a very macho and confident person and was in no way crapping myself for the first 45 minutes of my driving experience...

    after 45 minutes I got out of the city and into the national park...WOW! absolutely spectacular area of national beauty as the road weaves through hills and forests and if like me you take a side road off for 15-20 absolutely spectacular beaches!

    I went down to Garie Beach for no other reason than I had picked it out at random from google maps! After a little look around I decided that the beautiful white sands and clear ocean was too much to resist and reassuring myself that I would never see anyone there again I got my board shorts on and the man boobs out! it was time to go play in the sea! I have given this some thought and I honestly cannot remember the last time I swam in the sea... I must have done it at some point but I do not remember it! It was a lot of fun, the waves were pretty decent so it was more of a wade out and try not to get knocked over while jumping through them than a swim but I enjoyed it! next time I need some sort of surf / boogie board!

    I did capture a little video (don't worry, not a man boob in sight): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ete4asdhvy7ixqs/faffi…

    after drying myself off and attempting to remove all the sand... and failing, I got back on the road! I spent the rest of the day shaking off bits of sand and driving down to Warilla, stopping briefly for a schnitzel dinner (what the Australian obsession with schnitzel is I don't know but its on every single menu!) and on to my airbnb for the night.
    Read more