Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 144

    Adventures in the trees

    January 10, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    Tuesday morning started with a very steep drive up to Illawarra to do the "Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk" which was absolutely spectacular! made a little video:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssthzll3sk0shto/walki…

    It is a series of suspended platforms high up in the mountains with spectacular views that was well worth the short detour before heading further down the beautiful coastline stopping at a lovely café for lunch on my way to stay with Stuart, Manda and their 3 dogs at my next airbnb. It was a lovely welcome from all of them especially the 3 dogs (golden retriever, blonde lab crossed with something along the lines of a greyhound and for very obvious reasons my favourite a lovely black lab).

    I hung out with all of them and learned about Manda and Stu's adventures moving between Australia and Surrey over the years and was massively impressed with Stuart's upbeat and positive attitude with his relatively recent (last few years) diagnosis of MS and the fact that he has found a dive instructor who specialises in disabled diving so he can continue to scuba!

    I don't know if it was the fact that I offered one of my beers to Stu or the amount of time i spent playing with the dogs (totally selfish on my part but manda and stu seemed to appreciate it) but manda was very insistent that I join them for dinner, lovely bit of Thai curry.
    Read more