Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Study part III: the carpeting

    April 18, 2023 in Norway ⋅ ☁️ 9 °C

    With the arrival of some more tools it was time to head back and replace the carpet tiles in the study with a more insulating rolled carpet. We had ripped out the old carpet tiles earlier leaving a still quite sticky grid of carpet tape that made getting the carpet into position quite tricky (but will help keep it in place long-term). Some delicate maneuvering and indelicate cursing got the carpet into position; now just the ticklish business of cutting.

    First there was discussing, agonising, denying, dissuading, persuading and eventually steeling to be done over whether or not to remove the skirting boards. With the matter settled - they were coming off - we pulled them out and got cutting. Between the carpet and the final coat of paint on the balcony, before we knew it, it has gotten too late for the noisy job of finishing the carpet.

    We settled down for pizza and a film: Ironclad, it's gore and violence offering a slight contrast to the previous choice of happy feet. As ever my companions somehow continue to exist whilst eating a fraction of what I do. They managed 3/4 of a pizza between them, whilst I finished one on my own.
    Read more