Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Farewell dinner - Omah

    April 19, 2023 in Norway ⋅ 🌬 7 °C

    We headed out for the evening. First stop was the local post office to send a souvenir to another Norwegian friend of ours who lives even further north. Posten were super helpful, we were able to buy the envelope and postage all in a single transaction and get it sent off. Then it was back to haunt the local Espresso House again before heading to the restaurant.

    Omah is a long established restaurant in Bodø's harbour specialising in East Asian cuisine, especially sea food. Not much on the menu is vegan, but they're very accomodating and the chef was very creative. The plate of vegan sushi they came up with substituted pineapple for the traditional omelette and tapioca pearls for roe. Also included were a sushi roll made with tender asparagus, and another with a light teriyaki sauce, a few featured a creamy guacamole. It was all delicious.

    With the redecoration and repairs no longer hanging over us we settled in for a lively chat about culture, gaming, history, language as well as friends far and absent. Any passerby overhearing the conversation may have mistaken us for a civilized or even cultured group. We wandered back through town past various sculptures, including a striking one of the sea eagles that are indigenous to this coast.
    Read more