Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Day 3: Stay at Turtle Station

    May 30, 2022 in Costa Rica ⋅ ☁️ 26 °C

    After getting in bed around midnight last night after the egg collection, the screen windows still allowed all the sounds of the morning to come through. Luckily I was able to go back and forth to sleep until around 6:30am. The boys slept much later, which was good because they needed the sleep. Micah accidentally rolled on the mosquito net and yanked it from the ceiling overnight, so by morning he just had a mosquito net draped directly on top of his body.
    We ate breakfast around 9 AM and the kids played basketball and a soccer game. Are later we walked down the beach as a group and collected coconuts was our guide chopped them open and we all drink coconut juice next to the water. The beach here is not safe for swimming due to strong currents and waves, but all the kids still put their feet in the water. We walked back and had lunch. Overall the kids are in a huge fan of the food here although I think it may be growing on them a tiny bit. There’s basically rice and beans at almost every meal. We have been served plantains, yucca, chicken one night, noodles the first night , Fried plantain patties, corn masa tortillas. Extremely humid here so we spend some time in the hammocks closer to the beach where there’s a little bit of wind. This place is roughing it , but I think it does teach all of us to appreciate what we have at home more.
    Read more