Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Yichang to Shanghai

    August 19, 2019 in China ⋅ ☁️ 35 °C

    Early in the morning, everyone left to go see the 3 gorges dam, instead we were picked up by Adam (real name Zou) who took us to the airport. We stopped briefly to see the dam (very unfortunate to miss it, we are raising it with the agency). The flight was late and we reached Shanghai by 3.30. this terrible lady called Gisella (not really) arrived late to pick us up, day us in a car, opened her purse to take out 110 RMB as compensation for missed trip to the ram and missed lunch. I told her to forget it, that the equivalent of 12 Euro was ridiculous and told her to change the program for the next day. She had planned for us to spend the day in a bus travelling from 1 place to the next and had not booked the museum. I insisted on museum and changed the whole schedule around to make the in between times more efficient. Plus asked her to pick us up at 8 and not 9 to avoid the rush at the have budda Temple.
    She was quite miffed and left annoyed. I was more about when I saw that we did not have a room..
    After she left we rushed to the take market where we spent about an hour, Robbie bought a phone and I bought a tea set, rushed back to the hotel then took a taxi to the Bund where I had booked a table for 9.45 pm at Lost Heaven on the Bund. The others meanwhile arrived by train and we had an enjoyable evening.
    Read more