Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    Venice

    May 5, 2019 in Italy ⋅ 🌧 9 °C

    Packed our bags last night and were ready to go but had to provide Italian immigration officials with our passports before leaving the ship. This is a new thing since we were here last. They were late in arriving but were off the ship with our luggage by 8:30. Took the people mover to Piazzale Roma , now 1,50€ and also bought our vaporetto passes (3 days) for 40€ each. Because we couldn’t get wifi there we just took the #1 vaporetto to San Silvestro, same station we used in 2013 and called Cristina from the Air BnB apartment from a wine bar who let us use their wifi. Bought cappuccinos (16€ for four) while we waited. Cold and wet so at least we could warm up. Cristina’s mother Sandra met us last there and walked with us to the apartment, took our 36€ for for persons for 3 days tourist tax and took our passport information.

    After she left and we organized ourselves, we braved the rain and found an Italian fast food place and had pizza, sandwiches and wine for lunch. Walked over Rialto Bridge to Piazza San Marco then decided to go the Basilica Santa Maria. Also went to a small museum and then to Academia Museum, 15€ each plus 9€ for the audio guide after waiting 45 minutes in the rain. Amazing collection as well as a special Leonardo da Vinci exhibit. Couldn’t finish the whole place As it was already 6 pm. Went back to the apartment then out to Antico Panificio where we have eaten numerous times in the past. New owners and great service. Food also very good.

    Stopped at the grocer for milk for cappuccino for breakfast tomorrow, also wine. Too tired to drink at this evening.

    To bed before 10.
    Read more