Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    At sea along the coast of Costa Rica

    March 2, 2020 in Costa Rica ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Clocks back last night which generally would mean an extra hour to sleep. Apparently not in the cards for us so we walked the Promenade Deck for a mile or so before breakfast. The Dining Room opens for breakfast at 8 so we were at the doors at 7:55, just the the old folks we used to chuckle about when we were younger. They serve a lovely breakfast and the coffee is better the the Lido buffet. This may be our choice in the future.

    Mariners’ Reception at the World Stage this morning honouring Mariners with 200 or more sea days. There was one couple who had been on the ship for over 4 months. Their total sea days were over 1,000. A brunch followed for all Mariners complete with champagne and wine. Waked the deck later in the afternoon and saw tern, flying fish and later a number of small dolphins. There are always a number or other ship in sight, much different from the Atlantic crossings to Europe when one sees no other life for days on end.

    Gala night tonight complete with fillet mignon and crab. Other choices included duck breast and rack of lamb. Such difficult choices.

    Costa Rica tomorrow. Meeting time for our excursion is 8 am so packed our bags this evening complete with sunscreen and mosquito repellent.
    Read more