Спутник
Показать на карте
  • День 2

    At sea - day 2

    8 октября 2022 г., North Pacific Ocean ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    After a good sleep, we lounged in the pool area before breakfast in the Dining room. While we waited for Vic to finish his shower I got a text from Sharon Marshall whom I had seen walking up the stairs the day before. We invited her and Eric to join us for breakfast and had a lovely visit.

    Garry and Carolynne went for their first spa visit and Vic and I wandered through the ship, stopping to call to make reservations for dinner for the following few days. Because the times were all around 7:30 or 7:45, we stopped at the kiosk to speak with a staff member in person. Susie was very sympathetic and asked that we leave it with her.

    Had lunch in the Lido after walking one lap around the promenade deck in a very cool wind and rocky seas and checking out the top decks, etc.

    Met up with Garry and Carolynne after their spa experience and sat with them while they had lunch. Had a visit from Susie who delivered a lovely card confirming a table for four in the fixed-time dining room, then had a very nice nap.

    Dressy night tonight so menu was more special. Escargot was delicious and filet mignon tasty though overcooked. Next time I’ll order it rare.

    The Captain’s welcome in the showroom at 7:15 followed by a very energetic dance show. Walked outside for part of a lap then went up to the Crow’s Nest for happy hour.

    Watched the end of the Disney movie in the pool area about bears and the salmon run and tried out the caramel pretzel and brisket sliders. Went back to our room at 10:15. Clocks back tonight.
    Читать далее