Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 28–29

    This is it, our final days!

    March 8 in New Zealand ⋅ ☀️ 70 °F

    It's been a week since we've been home and I'm finally finishing up our journey.

    After several hairpin turns on this terribly windy road, we made it to the Queenstown airport. There are four couples leaving Queenstown this morning: 1) us, 2) Terry & Simon, 3) Lori & Paul, and 4) Ilyce & John. We all seem to be flying to different airports at different times, but here we are...again. What a crew.

    For us it was a short flight to Auckland where we made it our mission to eat well and rest up in the most awesome room ever! We came back to our same hotel where we were before, and where we stored our luggage a week back. We were so fortunate to get a top floor room on a corner which kinda ended up being a triangle room shape with floor to ceiling windows. It was beautiful! We walked the wharf area one last time and wondered upon the chinese restaurant White+Wong, which was one of the restaurants we all wanted to try in Queenstown. It did not disappoint! We had some small bites and headed home to relax.

    Our hotel was totally sold out and the city was awash in pink. This concert at Eden Park was sold out for two nights (50,000 people), and we got there a bit early since the only means of getting there was public transportation. Uber it is.

    This concert is a bucket list for me (check), and it did not disappoint. I bought these tickets months ago and they were elevated, slightly left of center, in the lower section. The weather was way warmer than New Zealand, and I loved that I could finally wear a summer dress (thanks Marci)!

    We had so much fun in this city of pink that night! Pink does not disappoint, and we were so happy to see this great woman, mother, wife that night. She was both humble and funny. She took time out of her show to recognize NWD, and she was so proud to bring her daughter Willow out to sing with her. What a show! When we finally got back to our hotel we walked back down to White+Wong for some cocktails and fried chicken--yummy!

    I'm never going to forget this show and this trip.

    https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/on-the-inside/511238…

    In the morning we had an afternoon flight to Fiji, then onto LA. Funny thing, we were sitting at the Bula Bar (bula=hello) in Fiji and I looked up and who did I see but Kevin & Sandi! What a crack up, it doesn't matter where we are, we're always running into some of our crew.

    We soundly slept all night on the plane and made it to LA in the morning. We picked up our rental car and headed home. Our housesitters, Rachel & Raul were fantastic! They stayed the evening we arrived home so we could catch up, and Chirps and Pizmo were so we'll taken care of.

    Guess who we saw at the Santa Maria airport returning our car on Sunday...
    Read more