Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 836

    Tom Price

    August 4, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    We made our way to Tom Price. I was a giddy school girl. We got stopped by a train and we got the warning through the UHF radio. I don't know if it is the only place that does it. (See the first video)
    We stopped at Albert Tognolini Lookout to see Munjina East Gorge. It is spectacular we are expecting big things from Karijini National Park.
    As we drove up to the caravan park we passed by a calf wandering along the road and saw more in town later that same day. When i asked at reception i was told there is a wild herd of about 30 cattle that roam around the area. They are going to try and round them up and take them to a station.
    Some amazing sculptures in Tom Price but very little to do. We did see the large tip truck.
    We did a day trip out to Paraburdoo. We went to see the Big Green Mining Truck and the Red Dog Memorial (he was born in Paraburdoo and his owners left when he was 18mths old and they moved to Dampier). We have now seen all three memorials.
    On the way back we saw another wide load. We have been stopped by a few now.
    We are going to Karijini National Park for 4 nights and then back to Tom Price we are booked in for a mine tour.
    Read more