Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1,051

    Moonlight Bay To Rapid Bay

    March 6 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    From Port Lincoln we stayed at a free camp at Moonlight Bay right near the beach. We went fishing and i caught a King George Whiting. We had some amazing sun rises and sets.
    We moved onto Tumby Bay and then Port Neill where we caught a couple of squid and two cuttlefish. (Cuttlefish are definitely harder to clean and messier the ink is so much thicker).
    We moved onto Whyalla in 40° heat. We have never been so hot. Thankfully we were in a caravan park on a powered site. (The caravan park lost power 3 times)
    We tried our hand at raking for crabs but low tide was in the middle of the day and it was just too hot.
    We moved onto Port Wakefield where we raked for crabs at Thompson Beach.
    To rake for crabs you walk out at low tide (about 1km and rake in about ankle to knee deep water sometimes getting nipped in the process. Yes i squealed like a girl. Then after an hour or two you walk back up the beach to the car) fun, yes tiring, most definitely. We will do it again the next time we come back to South Australia.
    We moved on to Rapid Bay which is amazing. Had a couple of swims and tried squidding. We were on a beachside site.
    It has turned cold great for sleeping. Onto Tailem Bend to visit family.
    Read more