Satellite
  • Day 8

    Market Day

    July 15, 2017 in France ⋅ 🌬 27 °C

    Joe and I hot footed it into Uzes early doors for The Saturday Market. The Gomersons had been disappointed in the few stalls on Wednesday but today was a seriously large market. Breakfast was a priority and La Nougatine- a wonderful Salon de The - was where we were heading. The Englishman abroad chose Le Petit Dejeuner Anglais. Fruit juice, a large coffee, two fried eggs and bacon plus half a seeded loaf. Fortified we headed for the market. Vibrant textiles, jewellery, scarves, all manner of food and drink and clothes. Lots of beautiful things to want but nothing we needed. We then bumped into the Blissetts but were quickly moved on by the stallholder selling very many very mundane socks.
    The Blissetts reported that they then had delicious banana and Nutella crepes before continuing to wander around. Their next stop was the Cathedral where preparations for a wedding were underway. The organist was playing and the church was full of all manner of white flowers. Footnote - they had all disappeared next day when we went to the cathedral.
    Meanwhile Tiger and I had spotted a white linen flat cap- the sort golfers wore in old black and white footage and joe had always yearned to own. It was a Stetson. It was beautiful. Guess how much? 72 Euros. Did we buy it?
    As we walked home we bumped into the Gomersons and Beth strolling into the market. We relieved them of Albie and they continued on their way to eat and buy soap.
    Eventually we all returned to enjoy the facilities !
    Read more