Satellite
  • Day 9

    A Couple of False starts - A Good End

    July 16, 2017 in France ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    It's Sunday. We were going to have a picnic at Green Parc today but suspected that the French were big weekend picnickers and took a rain check. However to be prepared ,and as supplies were running low , a raiding party was sent to Carrefour. It's amazing how much food 7 adults, 2 babies and a toddler can eat. It's quite mind boggling deciding which of the 10 kinds of Camembert you might choose.
    The Gomersons head off for Nimes and later bring back good reports.
    The Blissetts and Beth have the pool to themselves as joe and I head off for " one of France's most beautiful villages"- La Roque sur Ceze. Sadly we get so far along a road with fabulous views and then no further as the road is shut. We chicken out of the diversion and head for the Gorges de Gardon. Sadly again we overshoot the parking and decide we can't be bothered to turn back so take the Uzes road and park up in the town. It is so beautiful. Lots of alleys to wonder around. The Splendid Maison de Uzes with its Michelin star. Little boutique shops. We stumble on the Medieval Garden and pay our 6 Euros to wander the garden and climb the King's Tower They throw in a history of the Haribo factory and an artists exhibition. There is a toxic section of plants in which I take an interest- watch out Joe. We pick our favourite picture from the exhibition- a giraffe knocked down- 1600 Euros. Difficult to arrange transit with Ryan Air so pass. The Kings tower has 100 small winding steps but the view is magnificent.
    Arrive home. Better Call Claude- problem with the Gomerson bath. Call was for tomorrow but Claude appears later. It's serious. Needs a plumber. Difficult to get one in July and August says Claude. So it's not just a British problem.
    BBQ night. So much protein!
    Read more