Satellite
  • Day 10

    Green Parc

    July 17, 2017 in France ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Early start for Green Parc. The Gomersons have decided to opt out. Wise decision really. We circled St Chapte- home of Green Parc- for 15 minutes before we found it. We parked in a cornfield. Our expectations were lowering by the minute but we pressed on regardless! Entry was10 Euros for adults and 9 Euros for children over one. We paid and entered. The girls got up close and personal feeding the goats in the compound. The horses ignored us- as did the potbellied pig and hens. We gave the rats a wide berth. Onto the water slide area. We had already realised that this was basically for under 10s with adults only allowed with smaller children. Beth , Tiger and i sat and watched through the fence while meg and Julian put the Blissett girls through their paces. Worth the admission fee just for that. A great number of shady picnic areas for us to enjoy our sandwiches. An ice cream courtesy of Beth and a quick turn on the trampolines and castle for Julian before the heat got the better of us and we headed for the car.
    The Gomersons had held the fort and we spent the rest of the day round the pool/ villa -just Ellie and Jamie heading out for a quick drink.
    Read more