Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    On the way

    April 10, 2023 in Northern Ireland ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    We are heading off to Northern Ireland for a few days with the grandchildren who are off school for the easter holidays. We have to be at the ferry in Cairnryan for 10 am so we decided to have the boys stay last night, but it was an early rise for us, the smart move was for us to get up and get ready then get the boys up. Fortunately we are smarter than we look, and it worked perfectly.

    The journey to the ferry was uneventful, with minimal traffic (it was easter monday so it could easily have gone the other way), we actually arrived at 0930, the new bypass at Maybole took about 15-20 minutes off the journey.

    The ferry was on time and we were the 2nd car on, the plus side was that we got a decent seat, the downside was that we would be one of the last cars off the ferry. The sailing was one of the smoothest we have ever had, and it didn't take long to get to the house Groomsport. The house is lovely, and just 5 mins walk from the beach, we're not sure how much time we will have on the beach as the weather forecast for the week is not great, but we will just see how it goes.

    we were all tired by the time we arrived so had nothing planned except a quiet night in. Gill had made bolognese and left it for us, Luca declared that it was the best bolognese he had ever tasted.

    the evening wa spent, reading, playing games, watching TV, at bedtime the boys were asleep in seconds.
    Read more