Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    The end

    April 15, 2023 in Scotland ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    Today would be mostly spent travelling, we were booked on the 15:30 ferry and so there wasn't time to do much more than make sure everything was packed, then clean and tidy the house etc. Once we all had lunch we set off for the ferry in Belfast. The ferry left on time and it was absolutely packed. we had a delay driving onto the lower deck so all the foot passengers and the drivers on the upper deck were quick to get most of the seats. Getting a decent seat is always a hassle on the ferry especially at peak holiday times like Easter.

    Once again we had a very smooth crossing and arrived in Cairnryan just before 1800. The boys were surprisingly well behaved on the journey considering the restrictions of travel and we dropped them off with their dad ay 2030. Our daughter had put our heating on so we arrived home to a warm house which was nice (apparently I now owe her some chocolate).

    we were all tired but pleased to have had a good holiday, the boys really enjoyed themselves, which was the whole point. However, there's no place like home and your own bed...until next time.
    Read more