Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Exploring some beaches

    November 21, 2022 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    We decided today to get in the car and check out some beaches around Tutakaka. As we left Whangarei we saw the sign for the Whangarei Falls and decided to see them - and pleased that we did as they are quite beautiful. Mark and I took the walk down through the tree and bush walk - lots of view points for the falls. Very photogenic.
    Then continued onto the windy roads stopping at Tutakaka - a place that Jude and Hans Dresel stayed often.
    Decided to have lunch at a cafe - Snapper Rock - we had not long ordered lunch when there was a downpour and all those diners outside rushed inside.
    We had a nice lunch - snapper tacos for Mum and I - good coffee there too.
    We continued further around the beaches stopping to wander around some beautiful bays.
    Then back home. For dinner we visited Bronwyn Ward and Simon was there too. It was a super evening and caught up on all of their news and other Ward news. Bronwyn is retiring in a 12 months time and she has been doing up her lovely house.
    Today we decided to go our separate ways - Mum and I went to see the Hundertwasser centre and we so enjoyed it. Spent a lot of time seeing the exhibits and hearing about the man - this included a 20 minute video that included him talking about his creations, his love of colour and spirals - time on his boat and in Vienna - New Zealand too.
    Had lunch there and wandered around the wharf - Mum checked out some shops and galleries.
    Going out tonight to spend Catherine and Curtis' voucher.
    Read more