Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    "It's getting better all the time"

    March 11 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    To quote Paul McCartney and Robyn Plunkett "Its getting better........." And we had a pretty cruisie day.
    Our first night was pretty good, the bed was cosy and warm and we didn't fight about not having enough bed. Sometime during the night an animal scurried across the roof top and at another time a couple of animals had a very loud fight.
    It was misty in the morning and after breafast and a shower we went for a coffee at the jetty - coffee was great. Then we had a walk around wineglass beach - there were lots of people doing the same thing, some had bikes, some with fishing rods - a few swimming - the water looked great - but we will wait for a few more days until we are sure Covid has gone.
    We came back and sat for a while then had lunch. Nothing exciting, some wraps.
    In the afternoon it was quite warm, we headed up hill to a town area - the plan was for afternoon coffee, but the cafe with the reputation was closed for coffee, but we found some at a icecreamery.
    Then we walked home via a beatiful walkway along the rocky coastline - we dropped down into sandy bays and admired the colourful and rocky scenery.
    Gran is cooking her first meal of the gas stove - I cooked porridge with fresh dates this morning.
    We have booked a camp site north of here at St Helens - so will make our way there - but not until we have walked up to the Wineglass Bay lookout - see photo. It could be a tough climb, but we want to give it a go.
    Not a lot to say other than we did enjoy relaxing and getting more comfortable with this way of holidaying.
    The park has filled up from empty this morning and the internet goes so slooooooowww. Got 4 imaged up will try for a couple more later.
    Read more