Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 20

    Take 2 - The Market

    24 maart, Australië ⋅ 🌙 17 °C

    Just spent an hour and half telling you about the last 2 days and lost the lot ########$%^&&*(()))*&^^%%$## penguins.

    So I will just deal with Saturday at the market separately and Mona tomorrow (wow,wow)

    Where was I, we got up early Saturday morning to get into town for the market near the port. Left the car in a parking lot in Collins Street and made our way down to the market. It is set up in a long line of stalls, left and right that goes on forever slowly downhill. I got in a queue for coffee and we went and sat in the park in the sun and enjoyed our coffee.
    Getting back to the market we slowly made our way along looking at the wide range of stuff - food, art pieces, clothes etc. And then we realised that the adjacent shops and galleries were open too. There was a lot to see. Robyn bought something for a friend, but nothing that we wanted.
    We had lunch and decided to take a look at the historical buildings and homes in the Salamanca area. Then we returned to the market and other galleries.
    About mid afternoon we made our way to the port area to find the wharf that we would need to board the catamaran for Mona.
    Then it was time to go into town for some real shopping. We found Myers and Robyn went to the ladies area and me to the men’s. I couldn’t find anything that I wanted to buy. I sat while Robyn shopped, and she returned to tell me that the saleswoman had stuffed up the sale and subsequent reversal and that we wouldn’t get the credit back into our credit card account for 4 days!!!
    That was the end of shopping. Back to the car and home.
    Not after we had got home Robyn saw a large spider on the wall – about as big as a cellphone. I went and got the owner, and he removed it with his handkerchief.
    Meer informatie