Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 94

    Hustai National Park to UB

    October 3, 2019 in Mongolia ⋅ ⛅ 2 °C

    Slightly frustrating day.
    Woke up in a lovely warm ger thanks to K stoking the fire all night and random bags of coal being delivered every 3 hours!
    Stunning am with clear blue skies and a dusting of snow on the hilltops.
    We had loads of time this am so we asked if we could go back to the NP to see the horses this am “ we won’t see them” was the reply from Unru. Can we go back to see some deer? “ we won’t see them” came the reply again- aka we r not driving back into the park- we will just hang around until 10.30am for no reason at all except to get us to our lunch spot in the city at lunch time. Sadly this tour seems to prioritise meals over activities and it’s starting to piss me and others off.
    At 10.30am we left and drove the 2 hours back to the city.
    On the way we stopped off to see 3 original dinosaur skeletons.... in a mall!! Yes thats right - 3 x 70 million year old original dinosaur skeletons... not in a museum... but in a mall!! They were incredible.
    Then we stopped off to photograph the camel train sculpture before being taken to a restaurant for a traditional Mongolian lunch - fatty mutton and noodles.
    http://mongolia.gogo.mn/r/147396
    We finally got back to the hotel at 3.30pm- what a waste of a day. K and I immediately went out for a walk around town.
    Now having a drink on 17th floor - both skipped dinner at 7pm because we just didn’t need any more food. Also we have to get up at 2am for our 05.20am flight to Ulgii... to the Eagle Festival!!!! Can’t wait!!
    Read more