Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 103

    Beijing to Bangkok/ Tiananmen Sq- not!

    October 12, 2019 in China ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    Nostalgia Hotel provided a v restful sleep but sadly no breakfast- we are now on enforced fasting after too much tour food ( or rather due to lack of cash!)
    We decided to visit Tiananmen Square before heading off to the airport.
    However what we were not prepared for were literally thousands of Chinese people in tour groups queueing and pouring through the security checkpoints ( around all sides) required before we could even set foot within 50m of the square.
    We could then see lines of more people in their 1000’s within the square itself.
    Due to this we decided to call it quits for our collective sanity and instead went .... to Starbucks for a coffee and breakfast muffin!!
    We checked out and then got the subway (Line 2 and the Capital Airport Express) straight to the airport, hereby avoiding walking between more hacking, smoking hoardes of people.
    Now all checked in and waiting to board our Thai airways flight to Bangkok where we just overnight before flying to Sri Lanka tmrw am. Nice curries here we come!!!
    Photos to follow....
    Read more