Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 129

    Change of plans - landed in Paro

    November 7, 2019 in Bhutan ⋅ ⛅ 8 °C

    After this morning’s amazing festival we enjoyed breakfast and had planned to go back for more festivities once the hoardes of locals had received their blessings.
    However we were then informed our 07.55am flight tmrw from Bumthang to Paro had been changed to 15.30pm.
    This poses quite an issue because despite this being a 35min flight for us, our driver and guide have to drive the car 10 hours back to Paro. They had planned to leave us at the festival and then the hotel were to drive us to the airport in the am. However we did not want to miss a whole days activities in Paro tmrw.
    After 3 visits to the airport, a trip to town to find the Druk Air office ( a door with a phone number on it) and buggering around for 3 hours we were left at the airport clutching boarding passes whilst the guide and driver drove off with our bags ( we could get plane seats but no weight for our bags!!).
    We had the best 30 min Druk Air flight Bumthang to Paro and we were kindly picked up by another guide who dropped us up to our hotel just behind the airport.
    Now waiting for dinner with a Druk 11000 beer whilst trying to sort out trip to UK - God Help us.... or maybe Buddha may bless us with cheap accomodation and transport and no annoyances!!
    Read more