Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 175

    Bloody sat nav- getting lost in Wales

    December 23, 2019 in England ⋅ ☁️ 6 °C

    Well today didn’t quite go as planned!
    We were driving from Cornwall to Mold in North Wales for a last minute, secret wedding tmrw.
    Leaving at 9.15 am we were hoping to arrive in Mold approx 3.30-4pm to give us time to enjoy the evening with Cath, Jo and Ellen.
    Despite checking the sat nav to make sure it was taking us to the correct location before we left it threw a curve ball when it instructed us to come off the M4 instead of continuing up the M5/M6 as expected. I could only think it was to avoid horrific Xmas traffic somewhere near Birmingham.
    K was doing her best Gavin and Stacey impression of “ oh, oh, oh , tidy” (which wasn’t helpful) as we drive over the bridge into South Wales.
    To cut a v long day short somehow the sat nav had us going to an unspecified location somewhere in mid wales!!! This was only realised as we were driving in circles around road works and diversions and heading towards Brecon!
    8 hours and many small, flooded backroads around Hereford later ( and after realising K didn’t know how British roads were categorised!) we arrived in Mold at 5.15pm.... not amused!!
    Anyway a couple of wines later and a game of Quirkle and life was ok again.... excited for tmrw!!!
    Read more