Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 179

    Truro and return of the hire car

    December 27, 2019 in England ⋅ ☁️ 9 °C

    An early start picking up mum and Alfie both who wanted a trip to Truro for a bit of shopping in the sales as we took the hire car back.
    Sadly there really wasn’t anything in the sales so Pete picked us up at 12.30pm and dropped us back off in Falmouth.
    Next Alf helped to disassemble to Xmas cheese plant and take down our Xmas decorations - but kept our “angel” aka woody from Toy Story for memory sake.
    Armed with the decorations and a bag of unnecessary winter clothes we walked to town and dropped them off gratefully at the nearest charity shop.
    Next it was a great catch up with an old friend Tracey who is now Chief Inspector in Cardiff. We hadn’t seen each other for at least 8yrs and the last meeting was a chance encounter at the Great Swim in London that neither of us realised the other would be at.
    After 2 coffees here it was off to Costa coffee for a catch up with Reece, who had had a lovely Xmas and liked his Xmas pressie of a travel adaptor in prep for his first overseas holiday to Spain in May.
    Several jobs later, Alfie had an early bday jumper and then it was back home for dinner and some Tv and Alfies last sleep over at the flat.
    Read more