Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 196

    Hospitals and Hospitality

    January 13, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Never a great start to the day when u r on the bus to the RBWH hospital by 9am.
    Plan was for bloods and then leave for breakfast before returning for K’s oncology review at 1pm.
    The reality was discovering a thyroid review appt for next week she didn’t know she had so after some v efficient shuffling by the hospital staff it was bloods, 2 x thyroid ultrasounds, brunch (across the road as the hospital is enough to kill even my appetite!) and straight back to the oncology dept ( which is enough to make even the miserable person grateful to be alive).
    After great news that K is still all clear we finally got out of the hospital 5 hours after we entered.
    Time for a bit of shopping before home for half and hour and then out again at 4.45pm.
    We got the bus to West End for a lovely reunion and dinner with our Aussie mates from our Mongolia Tour.
    Libby and Neil hosted us at their west end apartment, which weirdly was directly across the river from our old Toowong apartment which u could see into the balcony with their binoculars!
    Phil brought his wife Kathleen so we finally got to meet Isobel’s mum that we felt we already knew after being on holiday with Phil and Isobel.
    After Neil BBQ’d a v good steak accompanied with Libby’s salads we settled down to watch Erica’s slide show of our Mongolian holiday- it was fab as we haven’t had to chance to view our photos yet. We r now excited to being reunited with a laptop so we can plough through 1000’s of our holiday snaps which feels like have taken years ago.
    Anyway the 11.10pm 199 bus saw us back home just before midnight. A long but great day.
    Read more