Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 199

    Pat and Lesley and a delayed flight

    January 16, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    Started the morning by checking out of iRiver Stay and walking along the river to the new events spaces under the Story Bridge. We found a lovely place for a coffee with the newspaper and spent a pleasant hour.
    However sadly on the way back the heavens opened and despite sheltering for more than 20 mins it didn’t look like the rain was going to stop so we had to walk back to pick up our bags in the torrential rain. We arrived so drenched the receptionist handed us a towel each!!
    We got an Uber out to Chermside as it was still raining and arrived at Pat and Lesley Palmers still soaked to the skin.
    We had a lovely lunch and catch up with Pat and Lesley who had also recently left Bougainville for retirement and both were looking v well for it.
    Arriving at the airport the Virgin check in was seamless snd with an hour until boarding all was well.... until the plane has been delayed for increasing amounts of time.
    We were due to leave at 6pm with the current time of departure 7.15pm..... this is not too much of an issue except the arrival time is now 01.50am!! Hope the kiwi shuttle waits!!
    Read more