Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 71–74

    Sapa

    March 19 in Vietnam ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    Myself and Georgia got a 7am bus on 18th March to make the journey to Sapa. We arrived around 2pm, where we met the daughter of the lady we were staying with. We had booked one night in a homestay (Mama ShuShu) and we had two treks/walks included.
    Unfortunately that day was very wet and foggy so visibility was 0% but we still had a nice time getting to know about the culture in Sapa.
    We arrived at our homestay that evening and met some more of the family. There were 8 other people staying here and we all sat around for dinner (They had cooked so much food for us which was lovely).
    After dinner we sat around the fire, and had some popcorn (made by the husband) and had some happy water (rice wine shots 🤢)
    The next day we got up for breakfast and went out on a trek through the villages with mama Shu Shu and her daughter .It was so good learning about the different tribes and villages that make up the communities in Sapa. The weather was nicer today and we could see a bit more of the landscape.
    Before we left the homestay, mama Shu Shu gave us all bracelets that were made by her and her husband 🫶🏼
    We arrived back into Sapa Town at around 3/4pm.
    We booked two nights in a hotel so we could relax. On our 3rd day in Sapa the weather was hot and sunny. We explored the town and looked at different tourist sites ( Moana Sapa)
    Places we ate:
    - Thong Dong vegan kitchen and cafe
    - Sapa sky view bar and restaurant
    - Little Sapa restaurant
    We left on 22nd march on a 12pm bus to go to Ha Giang.
    Read more