Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 43

    Las Vegas, Day 2

    June 9, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 90 °F

    We woke up and had breakfast at the hotel. It was fun to see the bustling people that we witnessed last night dwindle to hardly anyone around in the morning. Today, we were going exploring/walking the strip. It was well over 100 degrees. We began our walking tour with New York, New York, and wandered to the shops at Crystals where we couldn't even afford a box of Kleenex! Then saw the Cosmopolitan, Bellagio, Caesar's Palace, Flamingo, and Harrah's/ the LINQ, pausing to appreciate the very different décor and theme of each hotel and just a bit of gambling. Bill pupped out, and we ended up taking the monorail back to the hotel. We had an early dinner at the Outback and began walking towards the Luxor, which meant walking from the MGM, to New York, New York, then Excalibur to catch the tram to Mandalay Bay and transferred trams back to the Luxor.

    This was our only "entertainment evening" and we had tickets to see Carrot Top the comedian.

    He has gotten somewhat of a "rap" of being conceded and arrogant, but he was absolutely wonderful and we enjoyed ourselves very much. We took the tram back and walked the rest of the way to our hotel and called a night. Over 10 miles walked today!
    Read more