Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    THINGS TO DO IN ROME –SOME DO’S,SOME DON

    August 9, 2016 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    THINGS TO DO IN ROME – SOME DO’S, SOME DON’TS

    You’re planning a trip to Rome and have no idea where to start? Forget all the top ten things to do in Rome lists. Here’s the ultimate list of things you need to do and some don’ts so you can enjoy your trip to Rome to the fullest AND you won’t look like a unprepared tourist!

    The ultimate things to do in Rome (and some don’ts):

    DO: Throw one, two or three coins into the Trevi Fountain. One is for returning to Rome, two are for falling in love with a Roman and three are either for getting married to this Roman or getting divorced, the sources weren’t that clear about it. Worth a try, right?

    DON’T: Go to the Trevi Fountain by day, way too crowded. Better go there late during the night (so much more romantic too)

    DO: Eat a Quattro Formaggi in “Berzitello”. In my opinion the best pizzeria in town. And the waiters have tattoos. Period.

    DON’T: Eat a Quattro Formaggi in a pizzeria next to the Pantheon. Not worth the HIGH price. Nice view, but I recommend to have just a coffee there instead of lunch or dinner.

    DO: Have a gelato in a REAL gelateria. My tip: Giolitti!

    DON’T: Have a “fake” gelato. You can easily spot the fake one as the colour is verrrrry colourful. (Too colourful)

    DO: Go on a foody Rome Tour with EatingItalyFoodTours, say hi to Kenny from me!

    DON’T: Start a diet before your trip to Rome

    DO: Go on a VIP Colosseum Tour with WalksofItaly, you not only get to the underground but also to the top, where no one else is allowed to go.

    DON’T: Go to the Colosseum when everyone else wants to go, way too crowded and the waiting line is looong.

    DO: Book an apartment. I prefer staying in an apartment, as it really makes you feel like living in the city you’re visiting. Are you using Airbnb? If not: sign up via this link and you’ll get a $20 voucher.

    DON’T: Save money and book something OUTSIDE of Rome, as it’s such a lovely city to explore by foot if you’re staying somewhere central. Location is key.

    Here are some hotel recommendations in Rome if you don’t want to book an apartment:

    N°3 Town House Pantheon
    Hotel 87 eighty-seven
    Giuturna Boutique Hotel
    Parlamento Boutique Hotel
    Colonna Palace
    AND (last but not least): The only time it’s ok to drink a Cappuccino is in the morning for breakfast with a Cornetto. Don’t ever order a Cappuccino after lunch – everyone will immediately know you’re a tourist (but if you really really like Cappuccino and want to order one – just do it, they might judge you but who cares, right?)
    Read more