Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 18

    Split to Rome

    13 Mei, Kroasia ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    It seems to be getting harder and harder to pack our cases each time we have to move to other accommodation! We are not buying any souvenirs either! Time to cull our luggage (packed too much) and post some things back home!
    So with bulging bags, we left our Old Town accommodation (Palace In Rooms) and went to meet Rosemary & Neville on the Promenade for brunch. Enjoyed a scrumptious meal before saying farewell to these 2 delightful people.
    We got an early shuttle bus to the Split Airport and waited 3 hours for our flight to Rome. All good - we caught up with emails, etc.
    Split has been wonderful. Live music everywhere. The video of the 4 singers was filmed in an area of the Old Town we stumbled upon! They sing for tips only.
    A quick flight to Rome. We decided to get the train into Roma Termini - 30 euros for both of us. We then walked about 1.5 km to our accommodation. Thankfully it was downhill!
    Our apartment is nice. Has a kitchenette. Up stairs of course! We showered and then went a few doors down to a restaurant where we had ... Pizza and Hummus and red wine.
    We met a delightful couple from Istanbul who follow tennis tournaments. They assisted us with the menu which was only in Italian! We asked the waiter if they had an English menu and he said NO & walked away! Anyway, a lovely meal with this young Turkish couple. We ended up hugging goodbye!
    Baca selengkapnya