Satellite
  • Day 2

    What is this life?

    December 12, 2019 in England ⋅ 🌧 7 °C

    I spent 50+ days at a Marriott this year. That was enough to get me a decent status, points and perks (like upgrade vouchers). I found a hotel close to the main train station where I only need to spend $250 for a few more points. I figured $250 Canadian for 3 nights in London was a steal of a deal. Then I put in a request for an upgrade. I did not expect to be upgraded but on Saturday I found out I was. All it said was king bed and a sofa. All I really require is a king bed, slippers and a robe. I am happy as a clam with that.

    We got the hotel at 1:30pm and I was a little annoyed that we did not get the early check in I asked for. As Ty reminded me we were getting an upgrade so I should be happy. After 2 lattes and meeting with with friends the room was done. It was cleaned for check in at 3. (Yes from 2-3:30 I had 2 coffees, trying to make it for a drink with friends tonight.

    OMG! The room (suite) was worth the wait. We have a sitting area and dining area in one room, a canopy bed in another room and a bathroom with a massive tub and a rain shower. It is a little much but I do feel like princess. Good thing I am staying at a Best Western at the end of the trip to bring me back to reality.
    Read more