衛星
マップで表示する
  • 日15

    Switzerland

    5月6日, スイス ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    We had an early start today for a train to Switzerland. Due to the rain I decided to carry my bag on my back, which proves I am a actual proper backpacker!!

    The views were spectacular as we were on the train through the alps and I just couldn’t get a photo that truly represented the beauty of it. There is snow on the alps and cows in the greenest of fields.

    We must’ve passed 3 or 4 chocolate factories too. Luckily we couldn’t get off the train so the chocolate remained safely inside the factory instead of inside us 😂

    We arrived problem free in Chur and found our hotel easily.
    We explored the old town which was extremely sleepy. Whilst very pretty, not much is open unfortunately.

    This is also the most expensive place we have visited - 6 kids nuggets are $14.50 francs which equates just about $25 and a cappuccino works out to be nearly $10AUD. Needless to say, I did not eat much. They must get paid a lot here.

    Walking up to the lookout provided us with spectacular views over the whole town. Even in this small village there seems to be plenty of churches!!

    I love the Swiss bell towers which have their tall pointy spires and ring their musical bells very regularly. We walked along the river and up to the waterfall. We are completely surrounded by stunning, towering mountains. It’s just so beautiful.

    We are only here for one night as we are taking the Bernina Express tomorrow which I am so excited for. We have everything crossed that the weather is kind; not that the forecast is giving us much to smile about at this stage. As long as it isn’t a white out, we will just love it!
    もっと詳しく