Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    And just like that, we are home.

    April 15, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Left Red Cliffs caravan Park with the plan of heading in the direction of home.
    Not knowing if we would stop another night somewhere or get all the way home.
    We crossed the border and were stopped and checked at the quarantine check point for any fruit, of which we weren't carrying any.
    We headed to Barmera to check out Lake Bonnie - wow now we know why everyone talks about this place. It's beautiful, have put this on the list of places to go back to and stay for a few days. Had a bite to eat out of the caravan at the lakes edge.
    After a walk around the lake front we headed onto Waikerie.
    Amazing silo art on the way in.
    Another lovely riverfront town. Another walk along the river and through the very busy caravan park.
    Drove into Blanchetown where we stopped at Lock 1. Very interesting to see how the pelicans have worked out how the fish get through the lock and they can get an easy feed.
    Also saw the lock open for a house boat to move upstream.
    At this time it was mid afternoon and we decided that as we had shared the driving and had plenty of stops we would head for Gawler.
    Arrived at Laura and Dylan's house at 5pm and parked the van.
    Was a great 2 week trip. Can't wait to start planning the next!
    Read more