Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Dingle Sea Safari

    July 16, 2023 in Ireland ⋅ ☁️ 57 °F

    What an adventure! We started the day with a 2.5 hour rib boat ride. They provided waterproof gear, as you do get wet!
    Mom was a bit nervous. Cory was excited. Water is his happy place.
    We secured front row seats. I actually wasn't going to be my normal pushy self and just sit wherever. But Cory wanted the front. It's where you feel the most on the ride.
    We saw bottle nose dolphins right away! Then we went off to the Blasket Islands. The main island was inhabited for hundreds of years. They removed the last inhabitants in 1957. You can stay at a B&B there. But there's zero electricity and you have to walk your happy ass up to the house. Bucket list!
    We saw a bunch of grey seals basking in the sun. Quit a few came to say hi.
    After this we headed to the Islands that I can't pronounce. And since I can't add more than 20 photos, and I took about 1000, I am going to make that a second post.
    Mom made such funny squeals the entire trip. It was so damn funny!
    The Cliffs and views were stunning. We drive this peninsula tomorrow. It will be cool to see it from a different perspective.
    Read more