Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Dingle Day 2

    July 16, 2023 in Ireland ⋅ 🌬 59 °F

    Day 2 was pretty relaxed, well, after the awesome boat ride!
    Cory made is breakfast before our trip. Delish as always. The breakfast sausage has a different flavor and texture. Cory doesn't care for it, but Mom and I do. I would describe it as soft and slightly mushy.
    After we got back, we made our way back to The Captain's House for lunch. We dined like kings and queens on prosciutto, salami, local cheese, chips, hummus, bread and butter. Have I mentioned how much we love the butter here?
    Soon after we all started feeling our eyes get heavy, so we napped. Yep. We napped in Ireland. No regrets. After waking up refreshed, we got dolled up for our early dinner at Out of the Blue.
    After dinner, Mom and I were craving an Irish Coffee. Since the big match between Kerry and Derry was on, each pub was so packed, you couldn't walk in. So Cory settled for a local cone from Murphy's Ice Cream. He said it's as good as Tillamook!
    Then the match ended and we got into Foxy John's for that Irish Coffee. So dang good!
    Then we walked to O'Sullivans because Hannah (my sister-in-law) let us know her dad is friends with the owner and that we should pop in and name drop. Well, we asked and the lad at the pub informed us that we missed Tommy, he left for a tour in the US and would be gone for a month. Damn. Then the lad said, oh too bad you weren't here last night when he played. Ha! Good luck on us as we were sitting first row and enjoyed his talents for about an hour. We even put a 5 Euro in the jar. He smiled and said thank you.
    We were tuckered out, even after our nap, and decided to head home. We walked down an alley and enjoyed the cool murals along the way.
    We sat around, played 31 and some Rummy, chatted with Aunt Carre, and ended the night with great conversation.
    We walked 8,335 steps.
    5 star day!
    Read more