Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Travelling on..thro' Kent to East Sussex

    October 11, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Each of us up and organized in good time. Lovely breakfast just across from hotel on Northumberland Street.

    Everything flowing beautifully..car and driver arrived on time - friendly drive to Euro car. Great van which holds all our luggage easily and is comfy - our vehicle for the rest of the UK part of this trip. Rich able to manage quite well except a few bumps on back left corner LOL.

    I found a brewery near Maidstone so we toddle off the M20 to stroll through meandering roads in Kent, Oast houses and all - oh no! Brewery not open!! But still got to see some great scenery AND found a fabulous country pub: Stilebridge Freehouse Pub even with a burning fire in fireplace!! In 7th heaven with fresh Kent still cider I didn't know existed - rhubarb flavour was incredible - in the Marden area -made from their own apples. And curried butternut squash soup to die for. Super friendly proprietor and staff! Just a delightful time here.

    On to Rye via the backroads - made it in good time to Jeakes House - fun bedrooms, quaint and cozy - Poor Mike! who had to be our porter with our bags - up narrow winding stairs. Wind blowing - creepy!! There are ghosts about this town! No rain so far!!

    Having fun with M and B - Mike's relieved me of navigator and driver assistant - Yay!!

    Nice relax and cuppa - will explore this tiny town in a wee while...
    Read more