Satellite
  • Day 13

    New day in Brussels

    October 16, 2017 in Belgium ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Slowww start for the gents today but nice relaxed pace. Britt took herself to the Grande Place for a scrumptious waffle and cappuccino then bumped into us in our square. We then headed to the Grande Place for a delish fromage and ham omelette - we want those pans! great meal despite a quite rude and grumpy waiter. Mike joined us and we headed off eventually for him to try one of those amazing waffles too.

    Did some shopping - popping into this shop and that, few bits an pieces picked up - boys went back for a snooze and OH MY, B found a gorgeous jacket and a dress, supervised by Britt.

    Grabbed a cab to take us up up to the Cantillion for a self guided tour and fun at quite the old family brewery for Lambrics and sours. Great story, knees acting up, but we had a couple of sausages to ward off the 'hangry's', walked over to the train station and took another cab back - half the price!! Some of the Belgians are a tad rude! Not the delightful lady (79) in my shop but others.

    Starving for PIZZA - I found NONA's on web, hadn't a clue about it and it turned out to be just the best!! Wood fired even!. Mike and Britt planned to go to a Jazz place - us to blog and have a quiet eve.

    Off to the south, Chimay Abbey next for more beer exploring!
    Read more