Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Up and off to Kutna Hora

    October 9, 2018 in Czech Republic ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    Early start as Jaap had business at the Museum in Kutna Hora - he is so knowledgeable! Foggy trip but was kind of fun in the fog even though we couldn’t get as clear a view as A and J would have liked for us.

    Dropped Jaap for his meeting and then we parked -tricky to find spot then hiked up hill to delightful spot for cappachino’s in the sun with yummy apple strudel! Strolled about - found marvellous place for Czech pencils for J and Z and across the street for matching scarves for A and I at Boutique.

    Met Jaap - to lunch —again outside - bigger meals so it was determined to have a lighter dinner. I had a great tuna salad. Walked through amazing cathedral, past monastery -Jaap knows all!! then to his modern cool museum and back to car. To Ossuary! Old bones! Creepy!

    Back closer to home to a wonderful brewery -totally local! Curious about their menu but A and J not keen lol. Fresh beer its called. Picked up a few groceries where Anke shops - so neat to now be able to picture where they live and what shops they visit. Zero tourists where we’ve been! Feels like we are getting to know the heart of CZ!!

    Home later - glass of wine with yummy chips then lovely mango,toms,basil,pine nuts, salami salad and cheese toasted sandwiches. Earlier to bed.
    Read more