Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Chynov - a lovely morning adventure

    October 10, 2018 in Czech Republic ⋅ ☀️ 9 °C

    Up after a lovely sleep yet again and Sir Richard making delightful poached eggs.

    Off to Chynov to visit the home and art works of the famous Czech artist Frantisek Bileks. Wonderful home museum! Two floors of very interesting works: carved wood, plasters, drawings, delightful and fascinating work. A perfect little museum! Off to the cemetery to see his largest work! I adored it - The Angel about death. And 4 other works around the cemetery.

    Driving today, the scenery is absolutely beautiful! It’s own special charm, then another hamlet, then filled with rolling hills and....more chats and some teasing. It has been fun to have Anke interested in my eyeshadows and this morning she experimented with it on her eyes - looked lovely!

    We then went to Jaap and Anke’s golf course for some apple strudel - yum!! and a walk about. A stunning “green” building. Would be fun to play - ‘next time’ -Anke and I have said many times “next trip”! So many things to do and see! Anke showed us her marvellous boxes!! She has been accepted into a juried Christmas market for Dec 8. They are exquisite and so perfect! And then her quilts!! such an amazingly talented woman -and always too humble.

    Back to the garden in the sun! Nibbling walnuts from the trees (Rich and Jaap picked up more today) sipping water, sharing photos on our devices - lush warm and happy times. Lots Anke shared with us - stunning pottery made in Poland, “another visit”...painted bowls made by Czech artists - such beauty!

    And now back to the kitchen to sip wine, plan the day tomorrow, in Prague and enjoyed precious company while typing the stories.
    Read more